Yay, the butternuts
have actually grown enough for us to have a decent harvest. They're
on the small side but will be very lovely. The other squashes are
also ready and we lift them.
Another pear recipe:
Pear and Leek Tart with Turkish cheese. This one's an interesting
mixture of sweet and salty, very likeable, although I prefer either
spinach or broccoli quiches. However, OH and neighbour P end up
eating lunch together one day and they polish off what's left of the
pear and leek quiche, declaring it very, very nice and when am I
making more? Pleasantly surprised at their response – I didn't
think it had been one of my more successful recipes, but evidently it
was!
Am sinking more and
more quiches and cakes into the new chest freezer, ready in case we
get a surge of visitors at our planned party in a few weeks' time.
No comments:
Post a Comment