Pages

Sunday, 27 November 2011

November recap


November, while full of seasonal celebrations, travelling and partying, has been a bit shit health-wise this year, for both of us. I came down with an ordinary cold bug in late October but thought I'd shaken it after the customary two weeks, only to go down with the mother of all bronchites in mid-November. Then OH gets it and suffers horribly.  What an evil bug.

It's late November when we're both well enough to visit the allotment again. We marvel at the self-seeded lettuce – all over what used to be the early-potato bed – and the herbs – parsley, but also coriander and dill – are growing vigorously in the mild autumn weather. 

I pick up a few dozen of the now dried poppy seedpods for my advent's wreath project. I will spraypaint them red and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment