The distress warble of the March Allotmenteer the day after a long digging session on the plot.
OH has taken on next door's plot that's been abandoned and isn't being farmed so that's where more grapevines go. He's dug up the big redcurrant from the back garden plus some potted gooseberries and had transferred those to the second fruit cage. Meanwhile, I spent the afternoon de-rubbishing the old compost heap and filled another 2 binliners with broken glass, disintegrating plastic, and assorted crap -- really, it's shocking what my predecessors have put in there over the years. I pulled out:
* 5 metres of wire fencing
* several bent and rusted metal poles
* window frames (rotted, with glass, broken)
* plastic bucket tops
* rubber gloves
* 2.5 metres worth of plastic downpipe
* 1 12v lead acid battery, partially burnt (God knows what heavy metals I've been digging around in!)
* dozens of broken plastic pots
* what feels like a ton of broken bricks and other rubble
We also have new neighbours, v young, whom we haven't talked to yet, but we suspect they're the couple who also run the hipsterish, Berlin-grungy cocktail/live-music bar that OH and I tried out the other night and really liked so that would be quite cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment