Pages

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Getting tedious now

Legs still meh. Tried going off the NSAID for 24 hours and quickly reverted to a groaning, creaking parody of an old woman trying to get out of a car. Pestered the GP because she didn't yet know about the knees. I'm still officially in referral limbo but at least she did another blood test to check levels of inflammation and Lyme disease. Lyme was a neg -- good -- but the inflammation is still going strong. I ran an auto-immune condition by the doc that I thought the symptoms warranted. If I'm lucky it's this, a one-off -- self-limiting and treatable with some rest, wet leg wraps and painkillers. Just annoying as the whole thing can take months to heal. The doc thought it was possible but gave the impression the whole thing was out of her hands, and out of her league, frankly. So it's a waiting game now, managed by Naproxen, compression stockings and liberal helpings of Bavarian herb-infused rubbing alcohol. Hope it's all sorted by the time the Kneeling Season begins on the allotment and in our garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment