The weather has been cold, windy and wet -- not very spring-like. I barely had time this week to water them if they were under plastic and to air the greenhouse every once in a while.
This is where it's at:
In the Cheapcycle greenhouse (missing plastic sliding windows), the cauliflower Purple cape has sprouted.
The nasturtiums are making their way to the surface.
And the sweet peas have woken up.
The phlox isn't doing anything yet.
In the big greenhouse, there's a bit of an emergency. Many of my runner beans have gone mouldy.
This is entirely self-inflicted. I forgot to check whether the plastic tray actually had any drainage holes when I planted the beans. It did not! Duh. Face? Meet Palm.
However, not all is lost. Some beans are indestructible:
We've got a tray of leek seedlings ("Musselburgh", always), and of cauliflower "Snowball", sprouting broccoli and red cabbage "Red Drumhead". Plus some more onions "Long Red Florence":
Also good news: on the seedling shelf, my tagetes have emerged!











No comments:
Post a Comment