It's the Bank Holiday, and I have not yet reached working temperature even though it's well into the afternoon. I had wanted to gloss-paint the staircase but haven't got round to it. Instead, I've processed the blackberries with OH's help, yielding about a pint and a half of jelly.
OH has used the leftover blackberry cheese along with his share of the blackberries and elderberries from yesterday and has loaded up the wine-fermenting drum. On Friday or Saturday, the mix will be transferred into the demijohns and get its dose of wine yeast. It'll be drinkable in about a year's time.
Meanwhile, since I don't want to wait, I have made a batch of mini donuts in the oven, to be had in a couple of minutes with home-made strawberry and raspberry jams and creme fraiche. Instead of lunch. The paint job will just have to wait another half hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment