We'd been neglecting our garden this year -- what with work, bad weather, the allotment and our home improvements, the garden just had to take care of itself.
But we want to sort it out and make it look really nice next spring and summer. So we're redesigning the lot. Today, I took a look at the quagmire that is the curving strip of lawn -- it got so muddy we put duckboards down! -- and decided to replace the lawn with a curved bark path alongside flowerbeds. Out with the fruit bushes, in with loads of dahlias and colourful shrubs and lavenders and lemon balm and annuals next year -- I want a riot of colour throughout the year. I've collected handfuls of seeds from my old plants for orange and yellow marigolds and pink mallow and cornflowers and zinnia. Our next big project for the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment