Sunday, 22 February 2015
New rug project
Started my new rag rug project last week. This one will be a symphony in blue for the bathroom and is being fashioned out of strips of OH's old jeans, work trousers and t-shirts.
I usually set myself up on the sofa in front of the television but the programme mustn't be too taxing, nor can it be in a foreign language because I can't yet multitask, i.e. read subtitles and weave at the same time. I wanted to continue rug-weaving last night but the new Israeli thriller series Hostages in the BBC4 foreign drama slot is pretty damn good, and it's in Hebrew, which I've not actually heard speak before so I'm captivated by that -- and I'm also waiting for the protagonist, a surgeon, to start kicking hostage-taker arse. They must have known what they were letting themselves in for, those hostage-takers: 65% of the female Israeli population have received close-combat training as part of their compulsory military service. You must be nuts to be trying it on there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment