Don't think I've posted a picture of my sewing machine yet -- a Toyota, now about 6 years old. I take it to my sewing workshop every week because even though it is temperamental, at least I know which mood it's in. All the other sewing machines provided, the Singers, Janomes, Brothers etc., are equally temperamental, all have vastly different threading paths, buttons and twiddly knobs, and I just can't be faffed with that.I decided this week to make a miniskirt out of golden-brown velvet sofa cushion covers that the tutor had brought in as scrap but because I am a freehand sewer and don't really "do" measurements, let alone tacking, I spent most of my time unpicking what I'd done and resewing it. Then, when I thought I'd got there, I noticed that I'd need a concealed zipper, which I didn't have, and there were no spares lying around, so I had to put it to one side.
This is my funky sewing basket, repurposed from a food hamper we were given many years ago. Now I need to go into town, wander round the charity shops and find a cheap old-ladies shopping trolley sturdy enough that it will take my Toyota bag AND my sewing basket on top of it.
The pink magnifying glass thing on top of the cardboard box at the front is my thread unpicker, the most important item in this basket next to the Fiskars scissors. Newly arrived on Saturday: a set of Guetermann quality thread.

No comments:
Post a Comment