Pages

Sunday, 25 December 2011

Christmas Day


Apart from the mussels, OH has also bought lots of smoked salmon and eel from our fishmonger. We have that with bread but there is so much of it that we need to think of something else. I google “salmon mousse” because I've still got sachets of gelatine in the cupboard.

I debone and cut the fish into small chunks, add 2 small onions, some garlic, lemon juice, lots of fresh dill and parsley and cream. I liquidise the lot and add the dissolved powdered gelatine. And now I have a pint of smoked-salmon-eel mousse nicely setting in a small bread tin in the fridge.

When it comes out, it cuts easily into slices. In truth, I could probably take it out of the tin and bounce it off the kitchen wall – that gelatine sure has been effective. But the taste is really good too and I eat of it throughout the day and the following day.

OH takes over from me when I get a bit moussed-out, and manages to get the mousse down to a third of its original size.

No comments:

Post a Comment