I haven't updated this blog because OH and I have been busy looking after our new arrivals: a pair of munchkins from abroad, here for nearly a week to brush up on their English. We're not parents ourselves and have had only very limited dealings with 11- and 12-year-old boys so we had no idea, really, how we would fare. My colleagues told me we were mad, that their parents (one of whom was my brother) were even madder ("So early! And on their own!"). I envisaged homesickness meltdowns, broken limbs, discipline issues, smelly feet. OH was rubbing his hands though: almost a whole week of boyzone activities -- he was in heaven.
They arrived tonight on an accompanied flight. The handover went very smoothly. I texted my brother: "I think we've got the right ones." My brother thought that was hilarious. The munchkins ate their bread rolls in the car and promptly fell asleep as OH and I sang loudly to Guns N' Roses. A good sign, we thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment