I've finished my winter knitting project, a warm striped woolly jumper. I didn't have a pattern for it, just the chunky wool in green, brown, petrol, red, white and navy that I had bought four years ago and not done much with, and size 12 knitting needles. Over dozens of Tatort broadcasts, the jumper grew and grew until yesterday, I sewed all the pieces together and tried it on.
Well. It's stripey. It's very warm and comforting -- I'm wearing it now. And its sleeves are at least 5 inches too long. It's the kind of jumper for women with an irrational phobia of bingo wings -- my thigh would fit comfortably into one sleeve. I have an aversion to tight sleeves and pinched shoulders -- regardless of the amount of weight I lose, I've never lost an inch off my arms or my thighs for that matter so that's muscle, there to stay. So now I've got a jumper for an orang utan with a double torso. Maybe I should invite OH in to share it with me -- but where the sleeves are too wide, the collar is on the snug side and it's not long enough to cover my backside, let alone OH's.
I could knit a chunky wool miniskirt now, to cover up my kidneys. That's it. That's what I'll do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment