Pages

Sunday, 7 July 2013

Elderflower fritters on a Sunday morning



You take:

10-12 elderflower clusters
a batter made out of 1 egg, flour (I took self-raising), a little salt, some elderflower liqueur (vintage OH), sparkling water. I should probably have added a little sugar as well.
Mix it to a runny batter.
Heat sunflower oil in a pan.
Dip a cluster in the batter and fry it until golden.
Put on kitchen roll to soak up excess fat.
Sprinkle with a mixture of icing sugar and cinnamon.
Serve with fresh strawberries from the plot -- and coffee.

I made far too many -- the above is really for 4 to 5 people -- and I ate too many, probably the equivalent of 3 or 4 doughnuts. But they were really nice and tasted very foragey. Next time I'll try them as a dessert with vanilla icecream and home-made fruit syrup or jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment