We've got loads of pine boards lying around from last winter's pallet/firewood delivery. OH has asked me to do some magic with his soldering iron: I used to play around with the hot stick sometime ago during my DIY/craft phase in 2011-13, burning weird faces, landscapes and situationist slogans into slices of driftwood ("No Gods, No Masters" was one, I remember, and "Live Without Dead Time", or was that the nail varnish on old bathroom tiles?). I've calmed down a lot now, as you can tell. OH wanted to put up some funky signs to advertise his vines so one evening I burnt "Pinot Noir" in flouncy pretend-French writing onto a board, and "Sea Buckthorn".
The Now-No-Longer-Newbie from the plot down the central path is utterly taken by these signs and has requested one that says "Strawberries". So I made one, plus one that says "Cauliflower Romanesco" (whether or not the slugs leave us any!) and "Cavolo Nero".
Given how little luck I'm having with green, salady, cabbagy things this year, I think I'll be better off just producing these wooden signs and giving them away (photos to follow!). Chew on that, slug!
No comments:
Post a Comment