Saturday, 6 June 2015
Garden finally looking like something
Garden has now filled out and the planted-out homegrown seedlings are doing well. I've got a few more window planters to do but the patio is starting to thin out as seedling trays and interim plastic pots are squared away. All the roses last year have come through and are looking well -- I fed them properly instead of ignoring them, and while some do have blackspot, alas, it's manageable. Am particularly pleased with the spectacular red poppy plant and also with the delphiniums. Mowed the lawn yesterday -- a nice Friday after-work chore -- and as we were sitting down to a gluten-free Chinese beef with egg-fried rice on the patio, and beer and candlelight, I was feeling very pleased. Yes, the bottom of the garden is still a wastewood-filled eyesore, and we have yet to go out and test the new trailer by loading it with 8 huge bags of bark -- but we are getting there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment