Went to deposit some cardboard coffee cups and tray in the compost bin after taking a post-work break in our Mediterranean sunny corner. I was thinking, gosh, there's a lot of bees about. Then I looked. They were actually coming out of the compost dalek! They weren't aggressive and I was inclined to replace the lid and leave them be but OH thought it wasn't such a good idea to encourage a swarm to settle at the back of the garden, and I could see why: we're using the compost bins every night and there's also a water butt there that we use a lot.
OH said we'd need to tell the resident allotment beekeeper to come and pick up the swarm if it doesn't disperse by itself. A part of me is massively thrilled to be attracting so much wildlife. The rest is just terrified of being stung if the bees wild out on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment