My sown flowers haven't done brilliantly -- the tagetes seedlings are being routinely munched by slugs and snails and the others, zinnias, phlox, ageratum, mallows, china aster, celosia, nasturtiums, sweet peas, are all a bit slow, a bit stunted, a bit yellow.
But I'll give them one last chance. I've held back on doing my hanging baskets so far but this afternoon, I decided I'd fill them. I've had enough of waiting. What doesn't make it through to summer goes on the compost.
About 8 ceramic pots, 4 hanging baskets, 1 window-box and a dozen plastic pots later, most of the flower seedlings have been divvied up and planted out, and Germany are up 1:0 against Denmark.
Time for dinner: semolina pudding with last year's frozen redcurrants and leftover creme fraiche.
Then a quick walkaround with a torchlight to chase off Mr Mucus and friends. When I come back, Germany are up 2:1 and are through to the quarter finals. It's what I call a result.
No comments:
Post a Comment