There hasn't been much to write about recently because the weather has been so poor this week: cool, wet, windy. I'm starting to get worried about my bumper crop of strawberries. Nothing is really growing properly. Apart perhaps from the broad beans -- the new ones have sprouted. And yes, the red cabbage. Kale still a bit ailing from the flea beetles.
On the plus side: the cauliflower seedlings look very healthy.
We need to go to the plot today to check that, in the recent high winds, the shed is still where it was and the tomato plants have survived (I had staked them).
I had an opportunity to think about what to do with our garden, and faced with all that cat poo, I'm minded to stop forcing myself to kneel in the stuff so will just plant some colourful shrubs, like the blue ceanthus, and maybe another fruit tree, perhaps a cider apple tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment