Work has been a little taxing recently so what better way to relax in the evenings than by shifting more of the conifer wood from the drive and doing more wood-cutting. By hand, because the chainsaw is out of action following its encounter with the ingrown metal nail and because the thinner branches are good to burn but too thin to chainsaw. Two nights ago, I spent about two hours getting through them with my trusty greenwood bow saw and I managed to knacker my carpal tunnel again (I keep forgetting I have it). When I got into work the next morning, a colleague asked, pointing at my boxing-glove-like wrist support, if I'd been in a fight.
"In a sense, yes," I said, which freaked him out, and I had to explain that I meant I was in a fight with a cubic metre of stubborn conifer wood, and that I fricking won. I need to wear this wrist support more often: it makes people think I'm really hard.
OH reports that the new chain has arrived in the mail and that it will be put on the chainsaw this weekend and, weather permitting, the rest of the conifer wood will be cut.
No comments:
Post a Comment