Pages

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

The new fruitcage!

Photos to follow: OH has got us a big posh aluminium fruitcage after the birds have successfully stripped many of our unripe currants already. Spent Tues eve after work putting it up. Handcut the overgrown grass while OH was putting it together so the plot is looking a little tidier now. Stopped by Tomato Seedling Man who updated us on the various committee resignations, operations, health emergencies on the allotment (Not, Tod und Elend). I'd have added my recent chest infection and mysterious allergies but I was too busy coughing and every time I shouted something from the path across to his plot, he pretends his hearing is too poor. He understands every word OH is saying, mind, and OH is standing where I stand. It's a gender thing: men only wanting to hear other men. After a long tiring day at work, I am done with this sort of b******t and tootled away to our plot, greeting merrily, whether he heard it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment