"Germany are playing Portugal at 5pm, do you really want to head off now?" OH asked me as I was loading the handcart.
"Weather is stable and I've got so much on my to-do list so, yes!" And off I went with my cavolo nero, romanesco cauliflower and broccoli seedlings, bags of beans to sow, hammer and nails.
When I got back again, it was 8.30pm, Germany had thrashed Portugal in the World Cup, and I had missed a cracking game but I had also created another big 10-plank raised bed, planted out the seedlings, sowed my beans after the first lot of seedlings had withered pathetically, made a cover out of old chicken wire for the raised bed, covered the rest in leftover netting, patted a visiting dog who had ambled onto my plot (probably from someone elsewhere), evaded the claws of a visiting cat, and finally, just before I packed up for the day, nailed a metal lizard ornament to our allotment shed that I'd found in a forgotten basket round the house.
All good then.
No comments:
Post a Comment