Used a pause in the rain this evening to sow some more seeds: radicchio, celeriac, cucumber, another curcubit of some sort from a packet that was unlabelled, more seed from a scrunched bit of tin foil (probably oregano), low-growing nasturtiums and various other flowery things that I couldn't remember the minute after I'd sown them. OH was helping by writing out the labels for each new seed tray but I lost the plot completely because by the time I'd sown out 8 or 10+ different types of seeds, I'd forgotten where I'd stuck which. Ever the diplomat, OH wrote "Mystery seed" on the labels, and I was grateful that the labels were too short to add "sown by a braindead bozo".
Earlier this week, OH had been inspired by a River Cottage programme that featured a Japanese gardener and her zen cooking so OH got in seeds for edible Japanese chrysanthemums. Let's see what these do!
At this time of year we should be knee- and wrist-deep in soil every evening but work commitments are getting in the way of this, and of course the miserable, cold, rainy weather.
Is it too much to hope for a drier, warmer Bank Holiday weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment