Pages

Sunday, 20 May 2012

Seedling update

Bekana and Mitsuba seedlings -- Japanese greens. Bekana is a Chinese-cabbage-style green, and Mitsuba is Japanese parsley.


 One cuke seedling so far. Not too fussed about these. Had 3 plants last year and we didn't get round to eating them as they were full of seeds. Not even OH, who likes cukes, picked them.

 
The Forgotten Rose. Is parked next to the patio window and was given nothing. Grows well enough!


Still excited about what the mystery seed might be. It came from a shop-bought little baggie that had its outer label missing. OH is worried that it might be pot. If it is, I'm sure Mr Bong, the second male blackbird in our garden, will get to it first. Back in the 80s, my budgies lived on pot seed -- it came as part of the bird food -- and they were ALWAYS high. 

Personally I think it's oregano. Oregano makes you high only if you put it on pizza. 

The pumpkins are waking up: to the left, Sankt Martin, to the right, Big Max. 
 

 3rd go of the runner beans. I'll keep trying, and I've got many more.

Sage cuttings doing well and throwing out new growth.


Freebie salad that came with the Japanese greens. Very quick out of the block.


Scarlet kale seedlings. 
 
Sprouting broccoli -- lots of!



One of the exotic pumpkins, Crown Prince, is waking up, see right. 


Sweetcorn doing well -- but OH has bought in some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment