Pages

Saturday, 26 May 2012

The tarot said so

After the barbecue, neighbour P invited us over. A birthday was being celebrated. OH packed 2 two-litre bottles, one of the pink Falling Down Water (he says that that is anything up to 7% alc.) and the other of Standing Slightly At An Angle Water (over 4.5% alc.).

One of the guests, who looked and sounded a lot like the late and legendary Cologne singer Trude Herr, laid the Lenormand tarot for me. Highly ambivalent stuff. Most cards were actually superpositive and indicated lots of projects, luck, things growing, strength, travel/movement, positive changes plus the added bonus of loyalty and friendship, always important. I was also very chuffed to see the Book card (means secrets, discovery, learning things, and also publishing real books, which is my dream).

And the last card was the Coffin. Which is shit. Because it could mean that all these wonderful projects above will fail. And that all those friendships will wither.

I was pondering this, a bit gloomily, and drank some more Falling Down Water, while everyone else around me was laughing their heads off at the sight of 3 massive fertility cards (Moon, Stork, Child) that suggested I was basically going to become pregnant any minute now.

Of course, one alternative connotation of the Stork card is a chimney, and when I looked up this card on the interweb later, it said "You may be contemplating making important changes to your house." which is absolutely true! See



















When I thought about it again this morning, I regarded yesterday's tarot spread as perhaps a bit of a warning. I am currently "mothering" hundreds of seedlings and new plants (hence the surfeit of fertility cards) but my innate absentmindedness could also lead to the death of these seedlings ( = Coffin) if I forget to water them. 

Like I did last night.

So this morning I shot up in a panic and before I even had my coffee ran around with the watering can to give them all a good soak before today's scorchfest.

All seems to be going well. See here:


 The first gooseberry forming on a rescued gooseberry seedling from the plot.















More tomato seedlings now -- I've counted 13, obviously a lucky number this weekend.

 In the foreground, sprouting broccoli seedlings and in the background, scarlet kale. 

 My spinach seedlings. Good to see them do well now that the lottie spinach has bolted.

No comments:

Post a Comment